Desktop Color Scanner
(1) Who is covered:
Original retail purchaser only.
(2) What is covered by this warranty:
Iscantek warrants the new hardware product will be free from defects in material and workmanship, under normal use.
Iscantek warrants that physical media and user manuals will be free from defects in material, under normal use
This warranty applies only to products purchased and used in the United States. For products purchased in, but used outside, the United States, this warranty covers only warranty service within the United States (and does not include shipping outside the United States).
(3) What is the length of the warranty period:
12 months from the original purchase date.
(4) What is not covered:
(5) How to obtain warranty service:
- This warranty does not cover:
(b).Rubber pads that may be included with your Automatic Document Feeder.
(c).Damage caused by improper installation, improper or abnormal use, misuse, neglect, or accident.
(d).Damage caused by another device or software used with the product.
(e).Warranty service or shipping outside the United States.
- This warranty is void if:
(a).The product serial number has been altered, effaced, or removed.
(b).The product is altered or modified in any way or if warranty repairs are attempted without authorization from Iscantek.
(a) Authorization is required. Purchaser must notify Iscantek of the claimed defect and obtain a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. You can contact Iscantek for an RMA number by:
- Mailing a request, including your name, address, daytime telephone number, email address, and product information including description of the problem to:
ATTN: CUSTOMER SERVICE
11212 Rush St. South El Monte, CA 91733
YOU MUST HAVE AN RMA NUMBER BEFORE RETURNING ANY PRODUCT TO ISCANTEK. NO RETURNS WILL BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT A VALID RMA NUMBER.
(b) Returning the product for service. Purchaser must return the product, along with the RMA number and proof of purchase and purchase date, as directed, to Iscantek. Purchaser is responsible for the cost of shipping to Iscantek, packing the product in its original (or comparable) packaging, and insurance (if any). Purchaser is responsible for any loss or damage during shipping.
(6) What Iscantek will do to correct problems:
(7) No other warranties:
- Warranty Service. If the product defect is covered by this warranty, Iscantek will, at its option, repair or replace the defective product at no charge to you for parts or labor. The replacement product (or parts) may be new, reconditioned, or comparable to the defective one. Iscantek warrants repaired or replacement products (and parts) for 30 days from shipment to you or through the end of your original warranty, whichever is longer. This is your sole and exclusive remedy under this warranty.
- Non-Warranty Service. If the product defect is not covered by this warranty, Iscantek will notify you any service, repair, or replacement that you authorize will be performed at Iscantek with current rates. Iscantek acceptance of your returned product does not mean that the product will be repaired at no cost to you.
- Return of Product to Purchaser. Iscantek will be responsible for the cost of returning the in warranty product to you via ups ground shipping (within the United States only) unless:
- It determines that the defect is not covered by this warranty. In that case, Purchaser will pay a reasonable fee for examination and testing and the actual cost of return transportation.
- Purchaser's packaging is inadequate. In that case, Purchaser will pay the actual cost of return transportation and, if applicable, packaging.
ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED AND DO NOT APPLY.
No Iscantek employee, representative, or agent is authorized to make any warranties, representations, or obligations inconsistent with or in addition to those set forth in this limited warranty.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
(8) Limitation of liability:
ISCANTEK WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. Iscantek is not liable for lost profits, downtime, damage or destruction of other programs, data, equipment, or property, costs of recovering, reprogramming, or reproducing any program, data, or equipment, personal injury or loss, or any other damages. Iscantek's entire liability will be limited to replacement, or repair, at its option.
(9) Rights under state law:
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
(10) Governing law:
This warranty will be governed by the law of the State of California, U.S.A., excluding its conflicts of laws principles. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to this warranty.